Oranges scent the air of Sicily. This salad is as easy as it is delicious. A wonderful mix of Sicilian elements.
1 bunch of arugula
1 medium onion, minced
½ cup Sicilian cured black olives, pitted
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Freshly milled pepper to taste
1. Clean and dry arugula
2. Remove stems and tear into pieces
3. Cut off ends from oranges.
4. Working over a small bowl to catch liquid, cut off skin, keeping as much orange as possible, but removing all pith.
5. Cut out orange segments, slicing between the white membranes.
6. Cut into small pieces.
7. Put orange, onion and half the olives on top of arugula
8. Dress with oil and reserved orange juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
9. Sprinkle remaining olives on top.