This delicious recipe was submitted by Julia Mueller. Please visit her blog, Roasted Root Food, for more great recipes!
- 1 whole chicken, butchered
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 jar KISSINO Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
- Butcher the chicken into regular cuts (thighs, wings, etc). In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat before adding anything to the pan. Place the chicken pieces in the skillet and brown, 5 minutes each side or until skin is golden brown, careful to keep watch so as to not overcook. Note: depending on how large your chicken is, you may need to separate the recipe between 2 skillets.
- Once chicken is browned, remove skillet from heat. Place all pieces of chicken in a large bowl or dish and set aside. In the same skillet, sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until fragrant and translucent, about 8 minutes. Place chicken pieces back in the skillet, giving each piece as much space as possible. Add chicken stock and wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the Kissino sauce, stir contents of the skillet around, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, place a lid on top of the skillet but leave a small crack so that steam can escape and liquids can reduce. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with ample sauce and onions over rice, pasta, or with herb-seasoned marsala roasted vegetables.